Thursday, January 19, 2012

What Is A Frugal Wife?

What is a "Frugal Wife?"  A Frugal Wife is  a woman who submits her will to God in the area of finances. She does all that she can to spend the families money in a way that brings glory to the Father and honor to her husband. The Frugal Wife does not lie or hide her spending habits from her husband.


"The heart of her husband trusts in her confidently and relies on and believes in her securely, so that he has no lack of honest gain or need of dishonest spoil." 
- Proverbs 31:11


Living a frugal life is nothing new.  Both the Old and New Testament discuss money and how we are to deal with it. My favorite comes from Jesus himself and His Sermon on the Mount, where he said in Matthew 6:21: 


“For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.”
As a stay at home wife and mother, I believe that it is part of my duty to be a good steward of the family income. I want my heart to be with the Lord and my family, not with money. Now if you want to do this you can't be whiny about it. I'm jumping in whole hog and going to let you watch!  One of my personal goals is to do all things cheerfully and as 1 Corinthians 10:31 tells us:
Whether therefore you eat, or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." 
Not exactly easily done as you're scrubbing out the toilet bowl or changing the kitty litter! But this is what God tells us He wants of us!  We are to serve each other and do all things for His glory!  Keeping this in mind will help you get through what you may have considered your most menial tasks.  

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE your blog and can't wait to read more! I appreciate how you combine spirituality with practical living and demonstrate how frugality is walking out your faith. Great job!

    ReplyDelete