Friday, January 20, 2012

All Dressed Up With A Dirty Neck

Some people are just born organized.  I'm sure you know these people, maybe you're even one of them.  A place for everything and everything in it's place.  They are the people who arrive 15 minutes before they need to be somewhere. They know where the car keys, insurance cards, birthday gifts they purchased 6 months ago and the black sharpie are.   Me, I was born late and disorganized. I am the woman who is scrounging through her purse at the checkout for her rewards card, the one at the doctors office who showed up 10 minutes late, the mother who had to chase the bus down the highway flashing her headlights to get her children on board.  (sorry about that Michael, Kristen & Caitlin)  Oh I can mange to pull myself and my home together for any event but heaven forbid you open a closet or cupboard door!  This is what I refer to as "all dressed up with a dirty neck."  It's sort of like putting on an evening gown after working in the garden and skipping the shower.  Now  I have gotten a bit better in my old age.  The kids may leave the house with breakfast in their hands but I no longer am chasing school buses.  (did I apologize to Mary Hayford?)


I hear tell that organization is the key to my success.  After many woman's Bible studies I have learned that loving yourself and doing all things "for the glory of God" will help in this area.  So today brings a new challenge.  I'm working towards not wanting to crawl under a rock anytime a guest needs to open a closet, cupboard or drawer. So, today His Frugal Wife will tackle the kitchen, beginning with the pantry.  Disorganization leads to waste.  Wasting is not being frugal.  Things fall on the floor, get squashed or go stale and end up tossed in the trash.  What a waste! So here is my pantry before I jump in. Yes, I know what it looks like, I'm sharing with you here so please don't heckle or mock me.



Three hours later including a coffee break with Mom and Caitie.....


I'm sure you're wondering what the heck was all the extra "stuff" that was in there.  I uncovered half a dozen empty boxes. I must have missed the memo on not throwing away empty boxes.  Several boxes of the same crackers or bags of the same chips opened, which I combined.  I had a half a bag of potatoes with some really BIG eyes.  Kind of grossed me out to touch them, yuck!  

Now that the pantry is nice and tidy I can make my meal plan for next week knowing what I already have on hand.  Not to mention I got a yippeee me snack out of the deal when I came across a chocolate covered granola bar just waiting for me to eat it! I wondered how the kids missed that?

Now on to the Laundry!






No comments:

Post a Comment